Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Crikey, She's a Big One!


Okay, so I have a thing about iguanas. It started about six years ago. I became intrigued with them for whatever reason. Everyone who knows me, knows this, including the people I work with. Frequently there are big iguanas outside the building at work and whenever someone sees one, they let me know. This means that I go outside and look at the iguana and try to catch it. I have never been successful until yesterday. There was a 3 1/2 footer outside in the parking lot basking in the sun. I went out there with two people I work with, snuck up on it from behind a car and tried to grab it. The first try was unsuccessful ... she whipped me with her tail and then rolled and got away but as soon as she stood back up I grabbed her. Here's a couple pictures. I am truly an iguana wrangler ... and the people at work think I have entirely lost my mind. Tee hee ...

P.S. - I caught her while wearing a long skirt and heels which makes it even funnier.

No comments: