Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Catching Up


Since I haven't posted in so long, I have some time tonight so I thought I'd catch up a little bit.

On Halloween Robbie and I stopped by and surprised Tony at work. I had on my costume shown here. Then we went to The Field on a whim and had SO MUCH FUN!!







On Thanksgiving Tony, Robbie, mom and I ate dinner at Tropical Palms. Service sucked, food was okay, but we still had fun.

























During December Robbie and I went to a boat parade party that was right on the Intercoastal and met up with the roller derby grrls afterwards for a goodbye party at Howl at the Moon for Mazel Tov Cocktail (Sara). Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera that night because it was quite an evening. Very fun and alot of indulging in alcohol!!

Christmas Eve I spent part of the day with Tony opening his gifts ... then I spent Christmas Eve night with Robbie, his kids, his mom, his sister and her husband. Christmas day I drove down to my mom's and spent the day and evening with her, but forgot my camera. We had a great day though ... eating a home cooked meal, drinking wine, opening presents, relaxing.














For New Years Robbie and I went to a party at my boss's house. That's my boss in the black shirt. Then we went to another party and met up with Robbie's brother. New Years was ALOT of fun!! We had a really good time.

















Other than that I resigned from the Broward County Derby Grrls at the end of January. It was a shame, but I decided it just wasn't for me after all. I was the oldest and also the smallest derby grrl and I was getting my ass beat! I will pat myself on the back and say that I proved to myself that I can still skate really well. I'm just not good at getting hit really hard by girls alot bigger than me!!! I'm now in an underground group of EX derby girls that get together and just have fun!! We are going to skate, have dinner, do crafty stuff, etc. I think this group will be a better fit for me.

The good news about all of this is that since I don't have derby practice on Monday nights anymore, I'm back to hanging with my knitting group on Mondays. This makes me very happy!! :)

Robbie and I took my mom out to dinner a couple weeks ago. She wanted to go to the old Steak N' Ale by her house. It was only okay, that's for sure. They need to update the place. God love her, my mom is very chatty. Here's a pic of her telling Robbie a (probably very long winded) story. As you can see, he was riveted ...
















One more thing: I found this picture that Tony took of himself. I really like it. It's just .... cool.



1 comment:

knitting pirate librarian said...

Glad to have you back on Monday nights! (even though I haven't been going to a lot of them)