Thursday, October 13, 2005

Unpack This!!

I almost forgot ... I have something I need to bitch about. It seems that this blog winds up being not only about knitting, but an outlet for things I need to vent about also.

I mentioned previously that I went to Disney this past weekend ... I went with my boyfriend and his two kids, one girl and one boy, aged 9 and 10. Anyway, things were going great and we were getting along and then all of the sudden when we checked into the hotel my boyfriend got mad at me because I unpacked all of my own stuff, but didn't unpack for him and his kids. He was sitting at a table reading, the kids were hanging out in the bed watching TV and somehow I wind up being faulted because I didn't unpack for them. I fail to see why a grown man of 40 and the two kids who packed their own stuff are all of the sudden unable to UNPACK!! I can only attribute his attitude to the fact that he was married for 14 years and obviously his wife waited on him. He said that never in his life has he been expected to unpack for himself!! And he doesn't believe that the kids should have to unpack for themselves either. He says this is something he expects the woman to do. By the way, he is a very old-school thinking Italian man!!

Other than that I found out Tuesday night that since he can't fix his own food (he's started a new diet to lose weight) he is paying his ex-wife to fix his food for him. Not only that she drops it off to his office for him every morning. How sweet ...

Also he is in the process of selling his house so he is not able to have a dog there because apparently when you are selling a million dollar home, people frown upon it if they come into the house and there's any sign of you owning any sort of animal!! So he is on the hunt for a dog and guess where he wants to keep it? At my house!! I have a very small house and already have 3 dogs inside and 3 cats outside. He owns a 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom house on 3 acres but wants to keep the dog at my house!! Wouldn't it make sense to just wait until the house sells and THEN get a dog? I mean that's what I think, but he doesn't agree. It's easier to keep it at your girlfriend's house so she can feed it, walk it, etc. Oh also, one more thing, he CANNOT pick up poop. If any dog goes to the bathroom, he cannot pick up the poop because it will make him throw up. So, let's see, he wants to get a new dog and keep it at my house. I would imagine that if the dog is young, it will probably have some potty accidents. Who do we think is going to end up having to clean up all the poop? Me, I bet, right? I need to put my foot down about this.

When I read all the things I write about him I realize that all the things he expects from me are just ridiculous. Or is it just me? If anyone reads this, please let me know what you think. Thanks.

1 comment:

skully said...

it's not just you! i realize i don't know the situation, but my outsider's take on this is that YOU are in the right! His expectations of what he wants you to do sound very weird to say the least. !!!