Thursday, October 13, 2005

Not Alotta Knittin' Time

I hate it when I have a really strong urge to knit, but I can't. Like right now ... I'm at my job ... I lit my "indigo spice" candle and I have music playing to help get me into the mood to work but all I can really think of doing right now is knitting. I would be SO into it right now. I can't knit during lunch time today because my son's car got towed last night and we have to get it out. And sometimes it's hard for me to knit at home because it seems there's always something else to be done. I'm going to try really hard tonight to sit and get some knitting done. Last night I could have knit but I was watching "Six Feet Under" and when I watch that I don't like to do anything but get under the covers and give it my complete attention. It's probably the only show I watch that I truly, truly, truly enjoy ... like when one episode ends, I can hardly wait to watch the next one.

Anyway, I was in Disney last weekend and I managed to get my boyfriend to take me to the town of Celebration because I heard they have a yarn shop. The shop is called "Hopskotch" and it's really a clothes store with a little bit of yarn in the back. I was actually sort of disappointed because it wasn't very inspiring, but I did buy some Ironstone yarn ... I think it's called "Pizzazz" that I started making a really cool shawl with. The lady at the shop didn't know how to use the yarn winder so I ended up winding it myself in the hotel room. Funny but my ball of yarn looks nothing like the nice compact little squarish balls that the winder makes. It seems to be working though ... so no big deal.

Other than that I really want to make the shrug that is on the Yarn Tree website. It is made with Ironstone Island Cotton and I've seen a few of them made and they are really, really cute. I'm trying to make myself wait though because I have SO many other projects on the needles right now. Monday I finished a drop stitch scarf (it is 82" long ... very dramatic) that I made out of Rowan Polar. I love it ... now I just hope it gets chilly at some point in the future so I can actually wear it.

Also I went to see Phantom of the Opera Tuesday night. Wow ... the costumes and the stage sets were unbelievable. There was a little too much singing in it for me though. I'm glad I went and saw it, but would never choose to sit through it again.

Alright, that's it ... I really need to get busy here.

No comments: