Thursday, September 08, 2005

How Do They Do It?

I'm constantly amazed when I look on other people's blogs and see the volumes of knitting these people manage to complete. On one blog in particular it seems that almost everyday "the girl" has a new sweater finished. I have been working on my little ponchette for almost three weeks now. It has to be 45 inches long and I measured it yesterday and it's ALMOST 20!! So I'm not even halfway done!! I don't get it. Okay, so obviously I can't knit at work unless it's during my lunch hour. I knit at home but only when I can after taking care of the dogs and the house and doing laundry and all that typical day to day stuff. Then if my boyfriend is there I knit but only for a little while because I wind up feeling guilty ... like I'm ignoring him or something even though he is totally engrossed in channel surfing. So can someone out there let me in on the secret?

My boyfriend and I went to Nick's on Hollywood Beach Tuesday night with my sister and her new girlfriend, Christine. The new girlfriend is from Minnesota and is a Dakota Indian. She's in a band and plays guitar. My sister is 50 and I'm guessing this girl is in her 30's ... they are crazy about each other which is good, but I just don't get how you make a relationship work when one person lives in Ft. Lauderdale and the other lives in Minneapolis. Of course, I have a hard enough time making my relationship work when he lives in Parkland and I live in Dania Beach ... so I guess proximity isn't what makes or breaks it. What does make or break it? That's what I want to know. I'm really in a dilemma at this point with my boyfriend. We have some really good laughs and alot of fun, but we also fight alot ... and there's alot of stress and tension. Blah blah blah ...

Anyway, I ordered some stitch markers from Zephyr and they arrived yesterday. They are SO cute but don't fit onto the needles I'm using for my poncho, so I'm a little disappointed. I purposely knit as fast as I could last night to get to the point where I could take out the old stitch marker and insert the new one, and alas, it wouldn't fit. I may just have to start a new project on the right sized needles just so I can use them!!

As usual, gotta get to work!

1 comment:

michelle said...

i think if you are a new knitter it takes longer to do a project and if you do other stuff it takes even longer... don't worry about how long it takes, it's not a race anyway :0)