Friday, September 23, 2005

I Live for Cafe Con Leche - Grande y Ozcuro, Por Supuesto!

I'm at work right now and all I can think about is a big, strong cup of cafe con leche. I may have to take a drive to Sedano's at lunch time. Sedano's is one of the few places where you can still get a large, strong cup of coffee for almost nothing. Even the Barney's that is in the local Publix has upped it's price for a large cup of cafe con leche to over $3.50!!

Anyway, I haven't been doing as much knitting as I would like to. Tuesday night after work I went to the Yoga Warehouse in downtown Ft. Lauderdale for a class, and it was awesome. I immediately bought a card for 10 more classes!! I love how the place is open and airy and warm and right by the railroad tracks so you can hear the trains! From there I went straight to Wild Oats to stock up on some healthy food and drinks. By the time I got home that night, talked to Robbie on the phone for a while and showered, it was pretty much time to go to bed.

Wednesday after work I came home, went running and then proceeded to entirely redo my spare bedroom. I moved all the furniture, cleaned everything, got rid of a bunch of stuff (well, packed it up to be donated) and then rearranged everything. It was fun because now it's super clean and looks like a new room, but it was pretty exhausting and again, I showered and then pretty much went to bed.

Last night I had to get my house ready because I have a new cleaning lady starting today. I had to make lists of what I need her to do, and where everything is, etc. and as silly as it sounds, I sort of straightened up the house for her!! I don't want my new cleaning lady to think I'm a slob!! After that Robbie came over and proceeded to sit on the sofa and channel surf. It's very frustrating that when he comes over and we sit together and start watching something on TV he randomly changes the channel without asking. So we're watching Diane Sawyer interview Barbra Streisand and all of the sudden we're watching Criminal Minds ... then I start to get into that and all of the sudden we're watching Hurricane Rita coverage ... all of the sudden back to Diane and Barbra ... wait, back to Criminal Minds ... Hurricane Rita ... finally I just give up on trying to spend time with him and interact with him ... I go get my knitting and stop trying to watch TV.

We did get along good last night though ... he surprised me by even inviting my little pitbull "Weezy" to come up on the bed and sleep with us. Usually it seems that he doesn't like her AT ALL, but last night for some reason he seemed pretty sweet and in a good mood. Hopefully this will last because it's so nice when we're getting along.

No comments: